WHAT TO DO IF YOU SUSPECT THAT YOU MAY HAVE ROOF DAMAGE?
If you suspect you have roof damage, you need to do the following:
1. Stay safe — avoid going on the roof to check for damage yourself and instead contact a professional roofer.
2. Inspect your attic for leaks or water damage. Also, if any water stains appear on your ceiling or walls, you likely need repairs or a roof replacement.
3. Look for signs of storm damage from the ground. Check for missing shingles or missing pieces of metal fascia, including any metal pieces displaced from around your chimney. Also, assess the condition of exhaust pipes, valleys, outer edges or angles where the roof meets the walls.
4. Obviously, you’ll notice if a tree fell on your roof. If so, stay out of your home until a professional can determine whether any structural damage occurred. Consider hiring a general contractor or roofer with a general contractor’s license if your home suffered structural damage, as you’ll need more than roof repairs.
How do I know if I need a new roof?
The following are things that may indicate that your roof needs replacing:
- Missing, cracked or curling shingles
- Blistering or peeling paint
- Shingle, sheathing or siding decay
- Leakage in the attic after heavy rains
- Stains on interior walls or ceilings
- High energy bills
What is the right price for a new roof?
The answer to this question depends on many factors. For a commitment-free quote, please contact us at 904-714-1907.
What can I do about mildew on my roof?
Most home improvement stores sell a mildew cleaner that can be applied to your roof with a sprayer. Mildew cleaners shouldn’t damage your roof in any way.
Do I need to file an insurance claim?
DO I NEED A ROOFING CONTRACTOR INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS?
WILL MY PREMIUMS GO UP IF I FILE A CLAIM?
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO FILE A CLAIM?
How often should I clean my gutters?
Gutters should be cleaned at least once in the summer and twice in the fall.
What are Energy Star Products
Energy Star is an international standard for energy-efficient consumer products. Roofing materials that carry the Energy Star logo can help reduce your heating and cooling bills by up to 30% on average. At Ron Russell Roofing, we are actively involved with Energy Star products, and we look forward to helping you use less energy, save money and protect the environment.